The Holden Beach Pier appeals to many because of its iconic, retro feel and homey atmosphere. There is a grill and snack shop on site.
Access — daily, seasonal, 3-day and 7-day passes (which include the saltwater fishing license fee since the pier holds the license). Walking on the pier costs $1. Passes, costs and hours vary per season.
If you bring your own bait and rods:
- $10/day fishing pass during summer season
- $6/day winter season
Call or visit for multiple day pass costs and exact hours.
- Winter (Mon - Sat): 7:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Summer (Daily): 6 a.m. - dusk (anywhere from 8:30 til 10 PM)
- Handicap access available.
- Owners prohibit use of nets and alcohol.